We all know that breastfeeding is very important and beneficial for an infant. The benefits of breast milk for the infant are as follows;
- It enhances the metabolism of the body reducing the chances of baby getting over weight in future.
- The infant gets a strong immune system.
- It is the best baby food. Nature makes the breast milk perfectly healthy and nutritious for the infants to consume.
- Several viral and bacterial infections can be avoided by feeding breast milk.
- It reduces the chances of infant getting eczema, heart diseases, Type 2 diabetes and more such diseases.
- It strengthens the bond between the mother and the child.
Breastfeeding is not only beneficial to the baby but it has several advantages for the mother too. Mothers who breastfeed their infants for more than one year have lesser chances of developing breast cancer.
How does breast-feeding reduce the chances of getting breast cancer?
The following mentioned reasons prove that breast-feeding reduces the chances of mother getting breast cancer in future;
- For breastfeeding the body has to generate milk the entire day. All the cells in the breast become hyper-active and very busy in making milk for the infant. This hyper activity reduces the chances of these cells getting infected with any breast cancer causing germs.
- Since all the cells in the breast work over time to make milk for the baby, in this process many cells which have natural DNA damage get thrown out of the body naturally, on its own. This is body’s way of keeping only supportive and active cells which can help it work better.
- Most women have lesser mensuration cycles when they are breast-feeding. This reduces the estrogen levels in the body.
- For a good supply of breast milk the mother has to maintain a healthy and nutritious diet complete with green leafy vegetables, pulses, grains, fruits and lots of water. This healthy lifestyle reduces the risk of breast cancer in a big way.
- Nature has played its way in the activity of breast feeding. When a mother breast feeds a baby then many cancer –related hormones of the body get vanished away. This activity reduces the chances of the mother getting breast and ovarian cancer.
- Being overweight is a big factor in occurrence of breast cancer. Breastfeeding helps the mother shed the excess body weight acquired during pregnancy and thus reduces the chances of getting infected.
Breastfeeding her child is a personal choice which a mother takes. This is the best gift a mother can give her child. Breastfed children lead a healthier and stronger life in comparison to those who haven’t been breastfed.
I urge all the mothers to try and breastfed their children at least for a year so that you and your child can lead a healthier and happier life ahead.
For more insights on breastfeeding please read the below mentioned link