When your new born baby catches cold you are left in a lurch as the problem with sub-one month old is that you can’t give them medicines. Young babies can have reactions to medicines. Under such circumstances a few handful home remedies can help your baby cope with cold.
Home Remedies To Treat Common Cold are;
- Dry roast Ajwain or Carom seeds on a pan, bundle them up in a handkerchief (as shown in the picture) and place them near the baby. Baby should be able to smell its fragrance. The aroma of Ajwain or Carom seeds will unblock the baby’s nose blockage slowly and steadily. Repeat this process for at least a week. This is the best home remedy to treat common cold in infants.
- For babies older than two months you can add two bulbs of garlic in the above mentioned Ajwain or Carom seeds potli or bundle.
- Use saline water and put a few drops in the baby’s nose. You can make the saline solution by dissolving ½ teaspoon of salt in 8 ounces of warm water. This will clear any blockages in the nose. Through the stools all the cough will be excreted out of the baby’s body.
- Keep the baby properly covered from top to toe by using caps and mittens. Any form of cold air will increase the congestion, so covering her properly will keep her warm and help her in breathing normally.
- Avoid changing the baby’s clothes beneath a fan. Direct air on a naked body will elevate the cold.
- Try and not to change the baby’s clothes at night. If urgent, then do it quickly in a closed and warm atmosphere.
All these methods have helped me a lot in coping with common cold in my baby, hope these help all you folks too.